Effective Date: January 18, 2024
1. What Personal Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
We collect personal information from you when you submit it to us, including when you:
- Register for an event;
- Place an order for merchandise;
- Sign up for our emails or newsletters;
- Contact us;
- Provide information to us voluntarily; or
- Participate in a promotion or survey.
This information may include your name, email address, mailing address, billing address, telephone number, and payment method. We may combine the information we collect from you with information we receive about you from other sources, such as address update services.
Information Collected Automatically
Each time you visit the Site, we may automatically collect certain types of information. Some examples of automatic information we may collect are as follows:
- Your IP address, MAC address, browser type, operating system, device-identifying information, type of computer, and type of Web browser software, the specific webpages visited during your connection, and the domain name from which you accessed the Site.
- Information about your browsing behavior, such as the date and time you visit the Site, the areas or pages of the Site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the Site, the number of times you return to the Site and other clickstream data.
- We may use “cookies” of different types to recognize your computer. A cookie is a small text file that a website, online application, or e-mail may save to your internet browser and/or your computer’s hard drive for use in subsequent visits to the Site or other sites.
We may use web beacons, match scripts, pixel tags or similar technologies that allow us to know if a particular web page was visited, an e-mail opened, or links in the email utilized. In some instances, these technologies may allow us to match activities with particular users.
We may combine the information we collect through cookies, web beacons, or other technology tools with other information we have collected from you or information from other sources.
2. Use of Information
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Process your orders and payments;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests;
- Send you a confirmation email when you make a purchase or register for an event;
- Conduct internal research and development and make business decisions about current and future product and service offerings;
- Review Site usage and operations;
- Protect the security or integrity of the Services and our business;
- Contact you with updates, newsletters and other informational and promotional materials.
3. Sharing or Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
4. Cookies Policy
We or our partners may also use Flash cookies (also known as Local Stored Objects) or other similar technologies. A Flash cookie is a small data file placed on a computer using Adobe Flash or similar technology that may be built into your computer or downloaded or installed by you to your computer. We use these technologies to personalize and enhance your online experience, facilitate processes, and personalize and store your settings. Flash cookies may help our website visitors to, for example, set volume preference associated with a video experience, play games and perform surveys. They help us improve our Site by measuring which areas are of greatest interest to customers. They may be recognized by other sites or by our marketing or business partners. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies and the cookie management tools provided by your browser may not remove Flash cookies. Click here to learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies. If you disable Flash cookies or other similar technologies, please be aware that you may not have access to certain features and services that make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
We may also use web beacons, which are electronic images that may be used on our websites or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
5. Retention of Personal Information
Personal information that we collect, access or process will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected, unless otherwise provided in agreements between you and Boston Unity or as required or authorized by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made de-identified.
6. Data Security Measures
We maintain reasonable and appropriate measures designed to maintain information we collect in a secure manner. We have taken certain physical, electronic, and administrative steps to safeguard the information we collect. While we make every effort to help ensure the confidentially, integrity and availability of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
7. Do Not Track
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. At the present time, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has not yet established universal standards for recognizable DNT signals, and therefore, the Site does not recognize DNT.
The Site is not directed to children, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen without verifiable parental consent. If you believe that a child has provided personal information to us, please contact us promptly as described below, and we will endeavor to investigate and delete such information from our systems.
9. Third Party Websites
10. Social Media
12. California Privacy Rights on Direct Marketing
California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, including the categories of information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we have shared such information. We do not currently share the personal information of California residents with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. However, if you have further questions about our privacy practices, please contact us as explained below.
13. Contact Us