Effective Date: January 18, 2024
3. Access and Use
You acknowledge that you may be required to register, provide certain personal information, or create a password prior to being able to access and use certain features of the Site. You agree to maintain only one account; provide honest, accurate, current and complete information about yourself; and to maintain and promptly update your account with any changes to your information. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and password, and for all activities under any account registered to you. You agree not to enable any third party to use your account information.
4. User Conduct
By using the Site you agree not to:
- Post, upload, or distribute any content that is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, inaccurate, or that a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate as determined by us;
- Interfere with the operation of the Site or any user’s enjoyment of the Site, including without limitation by (i) uploading or otherwise disseminating viruses, adware, spyware, worms, or other malicious code; (ii) making unsolicited offers or advertisements to other users of the Site; (iii) attempting to collect personal information about users or third parties without their consent; or (iv) interfering with or disrupting any networks, equipment, or servers connected to or used to provide the Website, or violating the regulations, policies, or procedures of such networks, equipment, or servers;
- Perform any fraudulent activity including impersonating any person or entity, claiming false affiliations, or accessing the accounts of others without permission;
- Attempt to do any of the foregoing in this Section, or assist or permit any persons in engaging or attempting to engage in any of the activities described in this Section.
Violation of any of the above may, at any time without prior notice, result in a warning, temporary limit, suspension or immediate termination of your account or your access to the Site, reporting of your conduct to authorities, or legal action, as may be appropriate in the sole discretion of Boston Unity. You acknowledge that Boston Unity is not responsible for and does not assume any liability for users’ acts or omissions, including, without limitation, with respect to the aforementioned activities.
5. Intellectual Property
6. User Submitted Content
This Site may, from time to time, offer interactive features that allow users to submit content, communications, data, suggestions, feedback, or other information or materials to the Site (collectively, “User Content”). Boston Unity does not and cannot review all such User Content and is not responsible for such User Content. You acknowledge that by providing the ability to view and distribute User Content on this Site, Boston Unity is merely acting as a passive conduit for such distribution and is not undertaking any obligation or liability related thereto. However, Boston Unity reserves the right to block or remove User Content that it determines to be unacceptable to Boston Unity in its sole discretion.
7. Notification of Copyright Infringement Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and require that the people who use the Site do the same. We may terminate the use privileges of users who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights. Accordingly, you may not store any material or content on, or disseminate any material or content over, the Site in any manner that constitutes an infringement of third party intellectual property rights, including rights granted by U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please forward the following information to the Copyright Agent named below:
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of the allegedly infringing material and information reasonable sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by you, the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
The contact information for Boston Unity’s Copyright Agent is:
Boston Unity Soccer Club LLC
8. External Links
10. Warranties, Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that:
All products and services purchased on or through the Site are subject only to any applicable warranties of their respective manufacturers, distributors and/or suppliers, if any. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, the Boston Unity parties disclaim all warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including, any implied warranties, with respect to the products and services listed or purchased on or through the website. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Boston Unity parties expressly disclaim all liability for product defect or failure, claims that are due to normal wear, product misuse, abuse, product modification, improper product selection and non-compliance with any printed directions.
The Boston Unity parties shall not under any circumstances be liable for any damages of any kind arising out of, in connection with or relating to the use of or inability to use the website, including any liability: (i) as a publisher of information; (ii) as a reseller of any products or services; (iii) for any incorrect or inaccurate information; (iv) for any unauthorized access to or disclosure of your transmissions or data; (v) for statements or conduct of any third party on the website; or (vi) for any other matter relating to this website or any third party website. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, whether based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise, even if an individual advises of the possibility of such damages. The limitations of liability set forth herein are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between Boston Unity and you. The products, information and services offered on and through the Site would not be provided without such limitations.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the sole and entire maximum liability of the Boston Unity parties for any reason, and your sole and exclusive remedy for any cause or claim whatsoever, shall be limited to the amount paid by you for any product, information or service purchased by you from Boston Unity on this Site.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for certain types of damages. Accordingly, some of the above disclaimers and limitations may not apply to you.
12. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
14. Contact Us
Questions regarding these terms should be addressed to:
Boston Unity Soccer Club LLC